Wednesday 6 December 2023

Double Column Fancy Fold

 Hello everyone, how are you all doing??

During my last blog, I said I would share with you a smaller version of the double column fancy fold card.  I made this 6 inch by 6 inch card for my dear friends for Christmas. Now they have received it I can show you how I made it. 

From the front 
 
To make this card you will need:  2 pieces of cardstock measuring 6" x 10".  Along the 10" side score at 2", 3", 4", 6", 7", and 8" on both pieces.  You will then need to fold and burnish each piece so that you have a mountain, mountain, valley, valley, mountain, mountain - like this;
Next, the two pieces need to be glued together.  Glue them so that the two flat 2" pieces in the middle are touching back to back.  The side 2" pieces then need to be glued so that the joins are at the back of the card.  Like this:
This is the basic card shape.  Now for the decoration.

 
Depending on the size of the borders you like, you will need 4 pieces of card of your choice, (I used silver glimmer) as the mat layer each measuring 1 3/4" x 5 3/4".  You will then need 4 pieces of dsp (design series paper) each measuring 1 1/2" x 5 1/2".  Go ahead and stick the mats and layers together, and then pop them back, front and both ends.

To finish the main decoration you will need 8 mat layers 5 3/4" x 3/4", and 8 dsp layers 5 1/2" x 1/2". Pop these all around so that the 8  1" panels are covered.
Card is now basically finished.  The finishing touches are a Topper on the front that spands across the card, and a panel for your greeting that spans the back.  These need to be adherred at the very sides so that the card will fold flat.



I hope you have enjoyed todays tutorial and that you have been able to follow along.  Don't forget to comment below, and if you would like a catalogue please let me know either on here or on my facebook page Nutty Haze Crafts. 
 
Happy crafting!
 
Hazel Anne x 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card and clear tutorial. I've added this to my 'must try' list. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather - that's truly appreciated xx

      Delete

Inspire Ink Blog Hop - Using Take to the sky DSP

  Hello everyone, how are you all doing?? Today I am joining in with the May Inspire Ink Blog Hop, with some of the talented Pootles Team ...